Smoky Jalapeno Lime Margarita
JALAPENO SIMPLE SYRUP
1 cup water
1 cup sugar
1 jalapeño, halved
SMOKY JALAPENO MARGARITAS
Juice of 2 limes
2 1/2 oz Jalapeño Simple Syrup
1/3 cup gold tequila
1/4 tsp chipotle chili powder
1/2 oz orange liqueur (triple sec or Grand Marnier)
Garnish: slices of jalapeño, lime wedges
SMOKED CHILI SALT RIM
1 lime, quartered
1 Tbsp smoked sea salt
1/2 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- To make the simple syrup, combine water, sugar and jalapeño in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Remove from heat once sugar has dissolved. Let steep covered for 30 minutes. Discard jalapeño.
- To make the smoked chili salt rim, whisk together salt and chili powder. Add to a shallow bowl.
- Prepare two cocktail glasses by rubbing the rim with a wedge of lime. Rim the glasses with the smoked chili salt rim. Set aside.
- In a shaker filled with ice, combine lime juice, Jalapeño Simple Syrup, gold tequila, chili powder, and orange liqueur for the margaritas.
- Fill the two rimmed glasses with ice. Strain cocktail evenly between the two glasses.
- Garnish with lime wedges and serve immediately.
BLUEBERRY BASIL MARGARITAS
INGREDIENTS4-5 fresh Basil Leaves
1/4 cup fresh Blueberries
1 oz Simple Syrup
1/2 oz Lime Juice (about 1/2 a lime)
1/2 oz Lemon Juice (about 1/2 a lemon)
2 oz Tequila Blanco
Cocktail shaker and strainer
- In a cocktail shaker add Basil, Blueberries, and Simple Syrup.
- Muddle until Blueberries are mushy.
- Add in Lime Juice, Lemon Juice, and Tequila.
- Cover and shake.
- In a small glass or margarita glass add crushed ice.
- Pour Tequila mixture through strainer over ice.
- Garnish with more Blueberries and Basil if desired.
Hope you enjoyed my two new fav margaritas! I hope you will try at least one of these out and tag me @klsd.co if you do!